Shari Saunders joined Strategic America in March of 2017 after previously holding the position of communications and marketing coordinator for Associated Builders and Contractors of Iowa in Grimes and interning with West Bank in West Des Moines. Shari is a 2014 graduate of Grand View University with bachelor’s degrees in marketing and journalism and has more than six years of experience in social media strategy, public relations and project management. On the strategic communications team at SA, Shari leads social media strategy, content ideation and integrated communications projects for multiple clients. Shari is the 2020 board president of Social Media Club Des Moines and treasurer elect for Public Relations Society of America, Iowa Chapter.
Jamie Lamb is currently a senior at Drake University, studying journalism, public relations and graphic design. Jamie also holds the role of strategic communications intern at Strategic America, where she manages the social media presence and content for multiple clients.
Officers: The Board of Directors
As a board you are required to fulfill the chapter’s mission of growing the organization, provide benefits to its members, manage the day-to-day activities of the club, and to establish the chapter as a prominent community in the social media space.
- Current SMC membership.
- Board members should be leaders, proactive, organized, communicative, ambitious, passionate, and curious.
- Have the ability to plan and manage events, including booking speakers, securing venues, and promotion.
- Be comfortable socializing online and in person.
- Has demonstrated understanding and passion for social media platforms.
- Attend events hosted by the chapter throughout the year.
- Actively contribute ideas for enhancing membership and engaging the chapter.
- Build committees to support your position.
- Be able to fulfill all the requirements of your role.
- Attend board meetings.
- Mentor successors for your role.
- Share events and news about the chapter on your own public social media profiles.